Lawrence E. McCullough, Ph.D. – Arts & Media Specialist
Lawrence E. McCullough has been an active organizer of cultural and non-profit community ventures since 1973.
He worked from 2004-13 in the Mayor’s Office of Woodbridge Township, New Jersey, serving as Public Information Officer, Grants Officer and Special Projects Coordinator using Arts and Heritage for community redevelopment.
Previously, Dr. McCullough served as Administrative Director, Humanities Theatre Group at Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis; Assistant Director, Indiana University School of Music at Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis; Senior Entertainment Publicist/Event Coordinator, Englander & Keesee, Inc.; Executive Director, Music Umbrella of Austin; President/Owner, Silver Spear Publications; Press Director, Hall Institute of Public Policy-New Jersey; Executive Director, Metuchen Area Chamber of Commerce; Executive Director, Union County Performing Arts Center.
As a writer/editor, Dr. McCullough has produced writing and multi-media presentations for education, health, retail, entertainment, publishing and corporate clients. He is an award-winning journalist, editor and advertising wordsmith with more than 1,200 published feature articles for hundreds of magazines, newspapers, book and audiobook publishers, business clients, civic organizations throughout the U.S. He is the author of 49 published books (non-fiction, drama, spiritual, instructional, business).
Dr. McCullough played leading roles on planning teams that created the South By Southwest Music Conference, Pittsburgh Folk Arts Cooperative and Commercial Music Business curriculum for Austin Community College and helped draft and secure legislation for the Austin Arts Council creating the Austin Music District and Texas Music Commission.
He has coordinated dozens of collaborative special events including Joseph Taylor Urban Studies Symposium for Indiana University School of Liberal Arts, IUPUI Computer Music Technology Conference, Voz del Pueblo Tejano, Battle Ground History Days, Austin Gospel Showcase.
Recent community renewal efforts include:
- Creating, funding and coordinating Immigration Writing Festival with Middlesex County College (New Jersey’s largest literary conference in 2009)
- Coordinating/implementing Woodbridge Farmers Market and Woodbridge Artisan Guild as part of downtown revitalization
- Writing/implementing Woodbridge History Trail signage through downtown Woodbridge
- Devising/writing marketing prospectus for 27-acre Avenel Arts Village development
- Coordinating/funding Pin Oak Forest re-seeding initiative for Woodbridge Riverwatch and AGL Resources
- Coordinating publicity campaigns for public conferences by Hall Institute of Public Policy-NJ on Pension Reform, Civil Rights of Disabled New Jerseyans, Prosecutorial Misconduct in New Jersey, State of Hispanic New Jersey
- Serving as Coordinator/Publicist for Music on Main Street Concert Series, Woodbridge Wednesdays Summer Festival Series, Woodbridge Historic Ghostwalk, Metuchen Restaurant Week, Rahway Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Festival
- Writing/producing video PSA for League of Women Voters: “What Happens When You Go to Vote in New Jersey: A Step by Step Guide” — in English and Spanish
- Conceiving/writing ArtSmart Nation web column series for CreativityPost.com focusing on the Arts and community renewal
To contact Larry directly, please click here.